23 May

The Greatland



Seattle was a sunny 70 degrees Thursday and Friday, but once again I-5 was gridlocked from the U-district to the airport starting at 1:00 in the afternoon. Confirming (once again) why we still call Alaska home. On the flight home from Seattle to Anchorage last night, I felt like a tourist taking pictures out the airplane window.  The glaciers, rivers of ice floes, majestic mountains and glacial fed lakes were too inspiring to ignore. The texture and color of the mountains and snow inspired me to work in clay today...

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Look at all that wild land, just beautiful, it's getting really hot here, I can just imagine myself rolling in the snow to cool off.

cindy shake said...

Hi Linda- Believe it or not, we've had straight sunball days here in Anchorage! Yahoo- finally it's reached into the 60's and the trees are all green. Got the garden put in today right on time -my garden calendar is Memorial Day to Labor Day. An amazing transformation that Mother Nature makes!