11 September

I Choose To Be Here...

After a summer of record setting rain, where would you choose to be?



I think you can imagine what I chose this weekend and there is some serious R&R going on here at the cabin. Yes, I have a stack of work I should be doing in the shop and studio and Derek has a stack of papers to grade, but the glorious Autumn weather forced us to hike, BBQ, enjoy cocktails on the deck and catch up on a stack of good reading in the mountain sun -and Daddy-O even patched the roof while I "supervised." Even though the Spenard Farmers Market is over, I was hard at it all week with new work. The week was spent finalizing some new quilted wall art patterns I’ve been working on this year. A talented group of quilters are in the process of reviewing my new work and I hope to finalize the pattern production this month.

The plasma cutter and welder gets plugged in on Monday though. It was fun to take a break from steel and turn to fabric but it ended up forcing me to get an eye appointment… Yes, I needed to get reading glasses –arrrgh! It was getting harder and harder to see threading that damn needle and I was tired of the wasted energy of mis-threads. This was a hard appointment for me to make as “ol Eagle Eye” as Daddy-O affectionately calls me has finally succumbed to one of the natural affects of young age. Fortunately, I don't need my new glasses for welding!

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Don't you look cute with your glasses. I got some of those cheapo reading glasses and use them for close work. I think they have a thingy to thread needles.
Boy that's a beautiful photo.

ang design said...

ahh sweet wait til you have 3 or 4 pairs you've done well!! and a break well deserved enjoy the sunshine..

cookingwithgas said...

blogger is on vacation- let's try this again--- let's see I was talking about your cute glasses and the weather- oh yea- best to enjoy before snow comes.
And you will need a pair of glasses for each room.

cindy shake said...

HA! you experienced eye glass-wearers are cracking me up!! Already it's a pain to find where I've put my cute little glasses case -it's already either been in my purse, upstairs, downstairs, by my reading table, in the studio, coat pocket, purse again....arrrggh! you guys are right and Daddy-O is having way too much fun with this :o)

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

I'd chose to be there too, though your studio room likes fun too with the colorful fabric there and your work in progress. Glasses... mine are a staple in my life now. Attached to my nose, it seems. When I first started wearing them (and complaining about them) a couple of years ago, my sister just rolled her eyeglasses-covered eyes and laughed. She'd been wearing thick glasses since the age of 4...

Judy Shreve said...

Gosh - that Alaska photo is amazing! What a great place to live - and create. But I agree - your studio looks to be a fabulous spot as well.
And you look great in your new specs! >:))