16 October

Come With Us on A Fall Walkies

Nothing better than a hike in the fresh mountain air in beautiful Girdwood. Tauzer Schnauzer has to take the short route due to her arthritis but Nimbus can't get enough so we take two daily hikes.
During our hikes and walkies Nimbus LOVES to submerge himself in whatever water he can find -however shallow or COLD!

At the higher elevations, snow is on the mountain peaks & glaciers and that means time for the Resort to pull the snow making machines out. Once the temps drop the snowmaking machines can start creating a solid base at the lower levels of the resort to keep us skiing into the spring.














With all of the berry picking done Moose Meadows waits for a blanket of snow so we can cross country ski and hopefully I take Nimbus Skijouring!


Plenty of new construction in Girdwood. The new paved road is for nine new hi-end residential lots just below the Challenge Alaska building. There is more information about the real estate on the
Resort's web site.












Almost all of the container plants and flowers have died due to the last couple of frosts EXCEPT this one which flowered this week! I didn't even know that these vines (sorry, I don't know the plant's name) flowered. I've been putting off wintering the deck pots because they are still growing. Think I'll wait till the first snowfall...


7 comments:

Hollis Engley said...

Winter comes early up your way, eh, Cindy?

Mr. Young said...

When I lived in Northern Minnesota, we would generally have our first snow around the end of Oct. Sometimes I miss the crisp, cold, air - and the snow. Don't know if I could hanle it now, after 21 years in the tropics!

Linda Starr said...

Looks like a variegated vinca vine; I had that growing at my last place; don't know if I could handle the cold again either, reminds me of when I lived near Mt. Lassen, started snowing in October and ended in June.

ang design said...

wow thats some cool dip, looks stunning up there!!

Judy Shreve said...

It is really beautiful there. I love the cold - but the great thing about living in north Georgia is you truly get 4 seasons that are pretty true to the calendar.

cookingwithgas said...

If I had the plane ticket I would be there tomorrow!
ok- my word is spring- I think they have that wrong!

Cindy Powers said...

Your banner picture is amazing! I am dreading the approach of my Missouri winter, but I think if I had your mountain views I would welcome it.