This may be a bit too Martha-like but as I was baking cookies last night I was thinking of some of my favorite things. This vintage Mixmaster I picked up at the thrift store is definitely one of my favorite things. I bought it for the cabin but wish I could clone it and have the same mixer in town! I love the color, the sturdiness and most of all the deep purr the motor makes as it mixes. Though the list frequently changes, some of my other favorite things this week are:
• The new, Spring smell of the Evergreen and Hemlock trees as they are starting to thaw
• The additional daylight in my studio (and sadly, now on my much more apparent dirty house).
• New art supplies of ANY kind, this week it was a box of brand new, soft Prismacolor pencils, ALREADY sharpened –mmmmm.
• Pinwheel steaks on the deck BBQ last night and we actually could bear to stay OUTSIDE while they cooked and smell the grill!
• A fresh from the oven raspberry and cream cheese pastry from Fire Island Rustic Bakeshop this morning.
• As the volunteer Vendor Coordinator, I’ve had a phone to my ear all week getting to talk with the farmer vendors who are signing up to be at the Spenard Farmers Market. Most have started their plantings by now and are planning their crops. My family knows my not-so-secret dream is to have a farm and a ranch full of animals and gardens that all take care of themselves while I work in my gigantic, multi-medium, indoor/outdoor, supply loaded, sun-filled studio…
Those are just some of my favorite things (this week).