07 August

Meet Wendy Gingell



Meet my friend Wendy Gingell of Gingell Ceramics. Wendy recently moved to Alaska from Washington and we have become fast friends, nudging one another out of our studios for weekly, girly-artist breakfasts, Farmer Market meet-ups or a quick morning of coffee fun! I'm fascinated by Wendy and her work -she's even attended the BIG east coast shows and her work is collected by loyal customers across the country. While unassuming she is also fearless. I want this to rub off on me. Wendy creates "hand built and functionally made ceramics, with love and heart especially for you." My favorite are her "little emotional monsters" pieces. The photo at left is of Wendy at the Spenard Farmer's Market this summer. If you are not able to attend a SOFA show or can't make it to Boston or Chicago -come see her on Saturdays at the Spenard Farmer's Market here in Anchorage! Wendy recently interviewed me for her series of artist interviews. Meet Wendy and maybe get to know a little more about me too, right here.

2 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

Loved the interview! And Wendy's work is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Looks like I better go to Boston, what if you did the show with her in Boston? Just sayin' New motto....BE FEARLESS, unless it applies to weird dietary things.LOL