03 October

As the Geese Fly so Does Time


Saturday morning at 7am as I met the tow truck driver to get the Market lot cleared (the cars are just relocated to another area of the parking lot), the crisp Fall air and inky darkness was a gentle reminder that summer is behind us. As the Geese flew overhead practicing their V formations the last Spenard Farmer’s Market was on Saturday. Officially, the majority of my volunteer commitment as the Market Vendor Coordinator and PR point person is finished… well for a couple months at least! And not a weekend too soon! Our real estate swaps are keeping me busy with paperwork and cleaning but are going well. We’re waiting for the final reports from the home inspections that were both completed on Friday. It’s still all a bit stressful but exciting at the same time. I need to make another pass through the house and studio for even more purging and donating.


My new Vistaprint business cards arrived last week and I love them! Fun, affordable and easy to order with their existing templates. I also ordered some new gold foil embossed seals for the ABC Books and my art prints. Gold foil labels always add to the packaging. I used Maverick Label because of their quick turnaround and low prices. The labels are due to ship this week and we’ll see how their quality and turnaround is. It’s also time to design a new fabric design for the Quilted Raven. I already have several new designs drawn out and now it’s time to get them in digital form to see how the fabric will paginate. I’m happy to report that ALL of the bolts of the “Batik Raven Fabric” SOLD OUT this summer at the Quilted Raven! The popularity was partly due to the design and to the effective color ways that Jana had selected. 



Gus earned his Brown Belt in Tae Kwon Do at Champ TKD Saturday. Thank you to Master YU, Ms. Young and Instructor Timmy –what a GREAT Do Jang Champ TKD is!







3 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

YAY Gus! has he grown another three feet?!
I just got some cards and also postcards from Vista, they are pretty good except I didn't crop my photo good enough for them apparently, I had white space on either end. You would think they would have noticed and trimmed them. Get what you get when you go cheap I guess!

cindy shake said...

YES, Gus has grown -just had to go get new levi's that were LONGER! Couldn't have my kid in "highwaters!" ha!

I also had to resize my photo but noticed the white in the proof as I was choosing the layout etc. I think the easiest trap is falling into all of the "up sales" when you start out for the "free" cards -I didn't like the free designs so of course, I BOUGHT the more expensive cards, THEN noticed for a few dollars more and the same high shipping charge, I could double my quantity... still all good for the turnaround and price :)

cookingwithgas said...

And how did I miss your last two post- my brain....
the cloth is wonderful- just when I think you can not do one more thing you do! And books- love them and I have a little grand daughter who loves her books! Christmas....