30 November

Taking Care of Business




This week I’m working hard to take care of the business side of my art making. I’m on deadline to submit the catalog ad for Karen Sobolesky and Company, my sales rep. Hard to believe that the orders are already starting to come in for Spring and Summer sales! I also needed to develop a wholesale price list and print, package and finalize the art prints I’ll be offering. For added information “about the artist” for the customer I printed a small  label that will go on the back of each print, and the custom embossed, gold foil label appears on the front. 


All this business made it necessary for me to still make time to play. I made another small art quilt after being inspired by the last heart-themed piece.  The Artist Transfer Paper worked better than expected by being able to add line color using my colored pencils. I also had fun using some glass beads for added texture and details. The black bird in the lower left was also a transfer but I used metallic blue paint to highlight the wing area. The transfer didn't take too well to the seam so I filled it in with a black Sharpie. I hand painted gold metallic tree branches, rays and spirals for a little added pizazz. 

1 comment:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

The heart art quilt is wonderful! And congrats on the orders coming in! Great way to end one year and start another.