29 January

Lady Godiva is Here Once Again

Along with the Gallery production work and a couple of wholesale orders for friends who have GREAT shops, I get to work on some other cool pieces too. A fun, upcoming group show I’m creating a special (secret) piece for is the Godiva Show. Organized by the famous, Tommy Salami O’Malley, this is a show that gets my creativity really going! The sculpture I created for the 2007 Godiva Show is one of my favorite pieces and is pictured at left, titled “Power Suit.” The 2009 show opens February 20th, at the MTS Gallery with the opening reception from 5-7pm. “Lady Godiva Group show featuring a multitude of local artists exploring the nude figure, male and female -a classic muse for artists, chocolate, and everything else Godiva.”

The other fun event that lets my creativity reign free, is the Transformed Treasures fundraiser. This is a creative and fun way to raise money for The Salvation Army (here is a link from the 2008 event). Selected local artists are given vouchers to the local Salvation Army Thrift Store to purchase a “treasure” or item(s) that get TRANSFORMED into art by artists! Artists are requested to take a before and after picture of their project and the finished works are auctioned off Saturday, May 2 at the Sheraton Anchorage Hotel, Transformed Treasures luncheon celebration. One of the coolest pieces from last year was an old, beat up television entertainment unit that was TRANSFORMED into a childs puppet theater! How cool is that! I’ve got my work cut out for me because my competitive side is definitely peaking…

No comments: