10 February

Mixed Use Areas

Bringing clay into my studio has meant a lot of additional and varied types of clean-up. Mixing my mediums between clay and metal has meant mixing up my production schedule, work areas and tool use. I don't have the hang of it yet. I was so excited to glaze the new "Woobie Souls" but couldn't because my main work table was covered in other pieces in various stages of production. I had pieces that were getting finish patinas, wired and tagged. Earlier the table was my packaging and shipping station, then cleaned up and loaded with bisque items waiting to glazed. But before I could glaze I had more finishing to do on some wall sculptures that were due to a Gallery, so the bisque went back to the clay shelves...and so it goes. I haven't even brought any of the large steel wall sculptures in from the shop to get their enamel finishes yet because I want to do some slab work and I have clay everywhere...

No comments: