12 February

Unloaded a glaze load, which so far is my favorite part of working with clay. I had a good firing (^ 05 electric kiln using a kiln controller) and tried a lot of different techniques and glazes especially on the "Woobie Souls" where I used some Amaco Majolica liquid glazes. I'm in love with some of the Amaco Matt glazes I used on some tiles but will need to narrow down my palette and buy my favorite colors in bulk.

Bunny Foo-Foo has free run of the studio area. All of our Ethernet, phone and extension cords are secured well above where he can't get to them. After 3 chewed 
Ethernet cables and too many ruined extension cords we learned that current attracts him better than a wheelbarrow full of organic carrots. Today, while I was working on some fun slab work, Bunny Foo-Foo was thumping...
When he thumps, it's his alarm and usually there will be an earthquake, someone at the door, or a moose in the yard. Even the dogs were wound up. Tauzer Schnauzer (a Giant Black Schnauzer who is Bunny's buddy)  was running in circles to go outside, hmmmmm. I'm not sure what the alarm was today, but I quickly checked the internet on the volcano status (no eruption) and checked a bisque load that was firing and all was O.K. so far as I could tell...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy, With the volcano so near I think that a thumping alarm would send me heading for cover!! Love the glazing on the Woobie Soul.

cindy shake said...

Hi Karen-
thank you for the post. lately the volcano hasn't made headlines, so it wasn't really in the forefront of my mind as much the bisque load was -ha! I only pictured the "Woobie Soul" that turned out how I liked :o) the others were so-so, probably going to make gifts to my family!