26 February

Robotic Circular Travel

Last night my muscles were sore because I had bent a lot of steel. After getting dinner wrapped up for the family, I sat down on the sofa with a favorite beverage and got to peruse my new American Style magazine -a big treat for me! On page 13 under Finds, there were two of the coolest little robots by artist Amy Flynn. She calls them Fobots (Found-object robots).

After checking out Amy's website and blog, I also checked in on a few of my other favorite artist's end-of-day posts. Judy Coates Perez happened to post "A bit of fiber inspiration" on her Painted Threads blog and guess what...more incredible robots! These Mixed Media Felt Art Robots were by Susan Hinkley. Check out Susan's blog called Small Works in Wool. I had left a post on Judy's blog about Amy's Fobots, and this morning I read Judy's post on "More Robot Love" and Amy's Fobots had come full circle! I LOVE Blogs for their power of sharing and ability to connect so many talented people and incredible works of art that we normally wouldn't even be aware of.

In the last 24 hours I "visited" Amy Flynn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Judy Coates Perez in Chicago, Illinois; Susan Hinckley in Twin Cities, Minnesota all the way from up here in the Far North of Alaska! Now, if we can only figure out a way to get frequent flyer miles through our artful blogging...

No comments: