07 June

Fans are Friends Too!



Downtown Anchorage was hopping yesterday! The sunshine had the visitors from near and far happily shopping, eating and sightseeing. The new Batik fabric I designed for Jana’s Quilted Raven store arrived in time for the summer season and has enjoyed positive sales and comments. I wanted to get a peek at the new bolts and color ways of the finished product and decided to pop into the store yesterday. When I walked in several shoppers were happily picking out fabric gifts for quilting friends at home and for their personal stashes. Tracy M. from Louisville, Kentucky was impressed with the selection and even more happy to meet “the designer” of some of the art quilt patterns

and the Raven fabric. I was greeted with hugs and photo opportunities! What a boost for any artist’s ego! Tracy’s husband Nat was the ultimate gentleman and a very PATIENT shopping partner while all of us laughed, shared stories, iPhone photos, perused and talked all things fabric and quilting! You’ve got a keeper Tracy! As we said in the shop yesterday “we HEART Kentucky!” The success of the fabric is due to the colors Jana selected just as much as the design. The “Ravens on Branches” has been selling as fat quarters as well as by the entire bolt! The design process was a bit longer than I’m used to as we waited months for the first strike offs to arrive then another few months for the actual fabric to arrive in the store. With the success of this design, Jana and I have several

others in the works. Jana has one of the nicest collections of quality batik fabric found anywhere and this was echoed by the customers yesterday!

Visitors to the Quilted Raven, Nat and Tracy M. from Louisville, Kentucky

5 comments:

Judy Shreve said...

What fun to see such positive responses to your work! I'm not surprised - that fabric & the colors are fabulous!

Ann said...

And what about this is supposed to surprise me?? You are my quilting GODDESS! Cindy, the fabric is stunning! Will have to run by there and get a "bird's eye view." :)

Peter said...

Am loving reading your blog. I am just so pleased for you. It is amazing, and wonderful, how you manage to work in several media. The quilt fabrics look stunning, and will spread so much colour and enjoyment around. Big Cheers and happy applause from us in distant NZ! Pxx

Jamie Fingal said...

Congratulations Cindy- the raven fabric is fabulous. I am going to call the store today and order some for all of my bird loving friends, and of course, myself. Wonderful and amazing. You are so talented.

Linda Starr said...

I love batiks, those are wonderful, you truly amaze me.