01 October

Supporting the Cause on the First Friday Art Walk


I’m Gallery hopping Friday night for the October First Friday Art Walk –or in Anchorages case, Art Drive, because there is so much to see and so many places to go! I’m for sure hitting the recently opened Gallery of 2 Friends because the Casting For Recovery Art Bra Project opens Friday night. I haven’t had a chance to visit 2 Friends and am looking forward to not only seeing the Gallery space but all of the creative Bras that were made for this very special event, including my “Alaskan Women’s Training Bra.”

Foundations For Recovery Exhibit & Silent Auction Opening 

Friday, October 2 ~ 5:00 – 8:00 pm

at 2 Friends Gallery ~ 341 E. Benson Blvd.

All of the Art Bras will be on parade throughout the month of October at various Anchorage Galleries including Artique, Fiddlehead Gallery, Sevigny Gallery, Aurora Fine Art, ZoeZ Gallery and Half Moon Creek Gallery. There will be a Final Show and Auction Close for all of the Bras on Friday, November 6 (First Friday for November) from 5:00 -8:00 p.m. at Half Moon Creek Gallery, 510 West Tudor Road in Anchorage, their phone

 number is 907-929-4080. All proceeds from the month-long silent auctions benefit Casting For Recovery Alaska.

Finished the special order Sunflower Sculpture this week and I’m delivering them to the Gallery today. I was so happy that Mother Nature cooperated and actually rained night before last just in time to give the patina bath just the right oxidized finish the customer wanted (I hope)  –at least it’s the same finish as the Sold Sunflowers at the Gallery.

Scroll Down… And don’t forget to leave a comment to win one of the two cool stickers in my GIVEAWAY! I’ll pick two names Friday at 5:00 –right before I go out the door to drive around to the Art Walk! I’ll post the winners late Friday night or Saturday morning. As always, thanks to everyone for reading my Blog. 

6 comments:

Linda Starr said...

The art walk sounds like fun, I am sure all those bras - especially yours - will raise lots of funds for such a good cause. Your sunflowers are great, I like the rusty one too - somehow the rust makes it seem so sunny and happy.

cindy shake said...

Thank you Linda! I don't know why, but I have been feeling a bit blue about your upcoming move -maybe because I will miss seeing your clay work posts, or your lovely gardens... I hope you'll post frequently from the road :)

cookingwithgas said...

Okay Cindy I just posted a link to your blog on Facebook- because everyone needs to see this bra,
It really makes me laugh.
Be prepared for some hits!

ang design said...

hey thats some speedy sunflower order delivery...it looks great...i like both versions..

cindy shake said...

Meredith You GO GIRL! thank you!! Can't wait to see the other bras tomorrow night at the opening, the NBC affiliate here just did a plug for the Art Bras on the 6:00 news hour -yippee!

Ang- I'm all about speedy delivery! Lets hope it's what the customer saw in the first version -ha!

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

bet the bra is a big hit!