26 December

Inspired Giving (Receiving!)

Look at the treasures I got yesterday! My sweet and talented daughter Kristen gave me her art quilt entry from The Quitled Raven’s Winter Raven Challenge! Isn’t it just wonderful? I hung it above my reading light in the bedroom here at the ski cabin, that way I can think of her when she’s far away each time I snuggle into bed to read.

My friend and fellow artist Jules made me a “Solstice Raven” wall hanging from one of the Raven panels I gave her! Look at the delicious fabrics she used. I hung this also in the cabin near our bookshelf.



You know how I’ve become smitten about sheep… Since the temperatures have been below zero these new Hafinger boiled wool slippers (to replace the well worn mulit-color pair my sister bought me a couple of years ago) were a welcomed gift from my dear friend Pat. She always picks out just the coolest gifts for me! Aren’t these slippers just fab?! The sweet little sheep is wooly white and I can even step out onto the deck wearing them because the slippers are sturdy, felted wool with latex soles and wool covered cork foot beds. They’ve been perfect to wear in the studio too –that’s how I wore out the pair my sister gave me. I just might have to check out their other shoes at the Alaska Walking Store after seeing the Hafinger web site where it says “Step into a friendship.”

Gus has a new Wii with Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sport. My week-long chest cold is getting better but now I have a pulled butt muscle from a Christmas Wii Bowling and Bobsledding Tournaments -and I think Daddy-O is hiding a sore shoulder. What was Santa thinking?!

10 comments:

Christine--RHP said...

Hi Cindy!!! those are gorgeous quilts!! and I know exactly what you mean about the woold slippers--even tho I'm in AZ--my feet are always cold...

yarn bowls--in my Etsy shop!! or email me christinerhp@gmail.com

Tracey Broome said...

Such wonderful gifts, and you know I am LOVING those slippers! I have a pair of haflinger clogs that I have had almost 20 years and they are still so great! Don't know what I will do when they wear out.

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

The raven pieces are awesome, as are your slippers. Sorry 'bout Daddy-O. My hubster is nursing a pulled muscle in the hip/thigh area. Ice/heat, ice/heat, ice/heat... after a day of that routine, he's doing better this morning. Meantime, I'm getting double-duty hiking with the dogs TWICE a day til he's better. Aw well, it's good for me!
Happy New Year!

ang design said...

easy as she goes with that bowling it's tricky!! love the sheep its kinda like a stretch limo version...and have a super holiday season :))

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful quilt... it's a gem. i've always had a soft spot for the ol' corvus

Ann said...

Cindy, your daughter's raven wallhanging is absolutely whimsically wonderful!!! Boy, that acorn didn't fall very far from the tree, did it? Do I see a partnership in your quilt design future??

Ann said...

Cindy, your daughter's raven wallhanging is absolutely whimsically wonderful!!! Boy, that acorn didn't fall very far from the tree, did it? Do I see a partnership in your quilt design future??

Orion Designs said...

Love those raven quilts! Your new Haflingers are adorable! Much cuter than my worn out pair.

Julia said...

What beautiful quilts! And...what thoughtful presents.

Sorry about your butt muscle. You might want to come up with a more manly excuse for your injury, though - like, extreme skiing accident, for example. :)

Anonymous said...

Those slippers are adorable! You have more "Bonnie in a box" coming your way;)

Happy Happy!