14 January

Big Huge Color


This free app called the Color Palette Generator, automatically creating a color palette from any photo, I found on the Cold Feet Quilter’s Blog. I’m not sure what I will use the app/utility for yet but one thing I do know is I can use all the help I can get when it comes to color! I’m always looking for new designs of color wheels (or as I like to call them –Bravery Wheels!) and ways to learn more about the use of color. With this free app you simply upload a photo and with the click of the “Create>>” button and Big Huge Labs automatically generates a color palette you can use for your art making projects. Big Huge Labs “Helping you do cool stuff with your digital photos since 2005. :-) Have fun with your photos!” has other fun and free “toys, games and utilities” to use with images. Big Huge Labs has a whole menu of time sucking fun to offer! This weekend when I have a couple of hours to burn I’m going to check out the Cube, Bead Art , Captioner and Framer apps! After browsing their site I wanted to title this Blog post "Big Huge Time Suck" but the apps were clever, FREE and fun I thought that would be mean. So grab your favorite beverage, a file of images and have some fun and be ready to blow a few hours on your computer :)



Using my latest fiber pieces I uploaded them into the Color Palette Generator. "Choose or upload a photo and a color palette based on the colors in the photo will be generated automatically. Use it to help with art projects, website design, or even with decorating your home.



3 comments:

ang design said...

heyy thats a cool app ...bookmarking it!

cookingwithgas said...

seems i have some learning to do...

cindy shake said...

you and me Meredith!