24 November

Ice Orb Garden

Thanksgiving weekend temperatures have been hovering between 8 and 10 degrees, the perfect weather to make ice orbs! When I asked Gus if he’d like to help me make “ice balloons” he replied “yeah, OK, but they’re gonna’ hurt!” Hahahaha! “Not for throwing, but for making ice sculptures, silly!” I said. We used food coloring and added about 10 drops per balloon then filled each balloon at the kitchen sink. A call from my sister who was working at the hospital on Thanksgiving day inspired me to fill some latex gloves along with the balloons! We only had four casualties, two outside and two inside. We strung outdoor lights at the base of the orbs and can’t wait to see how they look tonight. Here is a fun link to making DIY Fire and Ice Lanterns that are cool too.





3 comments:

Tracey Broome said...

This is the coolest idea! Almost makes me wish it were freezing here, but....never mind, I'm not that big a fan of cold weather, haha!

cindy shake said...

...it feels BEYOND freezing Tracey. Brrrrr it's been so cold we had to make some art to embrace it. We've been waiting for a little snow to insulate things a bit too :) Happy Thanksgiving girlfriend!

ang design said...

they look amazing, love it!! ps they wouldn't last 2 seconds outside today 39C woo!!