14 January

Rain Delay


This is the street in front of our house that is sheer ice. Fed Ex, Refuse Collection trucks and the Postal Service trucks have all needed chains on their tires to navigate the neighborhood ice rinks, I mean streets!
School was cancelled along with several area businesses asking employees to stay home and off local roads due to icy, horrible weather conditions. Kids are even ice skating on neighborhood streets!
We've had unusual, crazy warm weather that's 40-50 degrees outside and it's been pouring rain. The bad news is that the temperatures are supposed to drop back to near normal that will be freezing all this moisture. Seems like a good time to be in the studio!
 This new strip quilt I am experimenting with has the perfect color palette that my new poppy pattern uses. I'm still deciding on the fabrics for the sample pattern I need to sew and photograph for the cover.
 This above photo is the second new pattern I'm working on. The idea for this pattern is to use scrap pieces of fabric for the flowers. I'm thinking of maybe putting these flowers on a white background with a bright border and finish.

 Below is the "Raven Lovers" gift basket that I'm donating to the 2013 Fire and Ice Ball -benefitting Covenant House Alaska! The items in the basket include an illustrated Raven art print "Lucky Ravens," metal Raven ornament, two Raven Art Quilt Patterns, limited edition Raven fabric AND a special Raven themed Art Quilt that I made using hand painted art cloth! "The 2013 Fire & Ice Ball will be held Saturday, January 19th, in the Anchorage Marriott Downtown ballroom. We hope you will consider joining us for an evening of dinner, dancing and exciting auction items!"

No comments: